Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Luckiest

This is the my favorite song of all time by Ben Folds. I was introduced it by a very close friend of mine. I won't mention a name because I don't know if that person wants it up here. This is the only song that I will probably always like.

I
don't get
many things right the first time
in fact
I am told
that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns
the stumbles and falls brought me here
And where was I before the day
that I first saw your lovely face
Now I see it
everyday
And I know
that I am
I am
I am
The luckiest
What if I've
been born
fifty years before you
in a house
on a street
where you live
maybe I'd be outside
as you passed on your bike
would I know
And in a wide sea of eyes
I see one pair that I
recognize
and I know
that I am
I am
I am
The Luckiest
I love you more than I have
ever found a way to say
to you
Next door
there's an old man
who lived to his nineties
and one day
passed away
in his sleep
and his wife
she stayed for a couple of days
and passed away
I'm sorry
I know that's some
strange way to tell you
that I know
we belong
that I know
that I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

6 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, February 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude... i really want to listent to that song now. i can see why u like it so much.

 
At 8:35 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger Helen said...

wow, what a beautiful song, i like it

 
At 10:19 AM, February 20, 2007, Blogger lilcheer said...

Wow, I don't think I have heard that song. I'd like to hear it now. Who sings it???

♥♥♥mc♥♥♥

 
At 12:03 PM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Laura Buller said...

tis a beautiful song.

 
At 7:29 PM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Helen said...

! where did all the poems go? you should post some more ;)

 
At 9:47 PM, May 16, 2007, Blogger Jack said...

this sounds like an awesome song

 

Post a Comment

<< Home